Get involved as a Volunteer [Open]
Volunteers are a great task-specific position for students who want to help out and be an active member of a team! Usually, they have a 4 hour/week commitment. Volunteers are appointed by Execs, so contact the associated Executive directly if you would like to volunteer or …
To learn more about the volunteer positions, come talk to our executives and volunteer at the ECE Student Society Info Session 2017/18
Bake Sale Coordinator
- Bake the baked goods and sell them in Kaiser
- 5 hours/month
- Stock the vending machines with drinks and snacks
- Monitor how many have been sold
- 2 hours/week
Games Night Coordinator
- Helps set up events, tournaments, and cleanup.
- Coordinates the events, and make sure everything in order.
- Performs maintenance and other tasks to do with Games Nights.
- ~ 15 hours time commitment, 7 hours per night.
- Develop logistics for student-life events.
- Help run the event and make sure the event goes accordingly.
- Coordinate event assistants before, during, and after the event.
- Organize, plan, and manage ECE E-Week teams.
- 3 – 6 hours per event, depending on the nature of the event
- Helps organizing ECE sports team.
- Registers any available tournaments, and monitors players’ attendances.
- Jerseys order, pickup, and delivery.
- ~ 20 or more hours time commitment.
- Help with general ECESS events setup and teardown
- Handle money transactions and sales during events
- Order food for events
- Help ensure the success of ECESS events
- ~ 3 hours per event, depending on the nature of the event
Company Outreach Coordinator
- Contact companies for possible tours, sponsorship, lecturers, etc.
- 2 hours/week
Professional Development Coordinator
- Work with IEEE in organizing useful workshops for students (such as MATLAB or git
- 3 hours/ week
- Put together and send out e-newsletter weekly
- Manage newsletter backlog
- 1-2 hours/week
- Design hoodies, posters, banners, ads
- Up to 4 hours/week, depends on events
- Photograph or record events: talks, parties, etc
- No fixed time commitment. On call for events
Social Media Coordinator
- Make posts on social media platform
- Respond to Facebook messages
- Be in charge of coordinating and making posts for People Spotlight
- 2 hours/week
- Review packages maintenance
- Event volunteering (e.g. Town Hall)
- 4 hours/week
- Organize and plan hackathon (e.g. booking, sponsorships, budget planning, ordering food, etc.)
- Recruit volunteers for the actual hackathon day (at least 10 people))
- 6 hours/week
- Schedule weekly council meetings and provide administrative support to ECESS team
- Policy and constitution
- 3 hours/week
Facilities Overlord [Position Filled]
- Perform maintenance and other tasks to do with facilities, such as the office, louge, kitchen and eating area
- Assist the Facilities Overlord
Internal Events Planner
- Responsible for planning internal events and organizing/scheduling
- Please water our plants. They are all dead 🙁