The Short Version
- Fill out a request form (when it opens on Friday 11AM): app.ubcecess.com/student/rentalocker
- Pay for your locker with the selected payment method (before the payment deadline for your method of payment)
- Wait for your locker number to be assigned
- Start using your locker! \o/
The Detailed Version
If you want to rent a locker for this term, you’re at the right place.
This year we are offering two different payment methods. You can pay with cash at MCLD 434 as in the past, but you can also pay online with PayPal. There are a few different steps so please read carefully.
This year, you do not need to come to MCLD 434 to reserve a locker but can do so in the comfort of your desk chair. The rental request form will open on 11AM on Friday. Rentals will be on a first-come first-serve basis, meaning that the first ~120 people to fill out the form will be awarded lockers. To keep your locker, you must submit payment within the given timeframe for the method of payment. Failure to do so will result in you losing your locker and it being given to the next person in line.
The following are steps required for locker rental.
Step 0 – Contact Registration
If you have not already submitted your contact information, you must do this before continuing. Please read the previous blog post before continuing!
Step 1 – Locker Rental Request Form
IMPORTANT: Make sure you are logged in to the correct Google account, i.e., the account that you used for contact registration.
Once you have done this, you will be able to start the rental request process, which you can do so by visiting app.ubcecess.com/student/rentalocker. This form will open on Friday 11AM. You will be able to submit a request at this point.
Once you have submitted the request, you can visit app.ubcecess.com/student/rentalocker again to track the status of your request.
Please note that successful form submission does not mean that you are guaranteed a locker! Submitting the form will secure your place in line but if lockers have been sold out before we get to you, you will unfortunately not be able to get a locker. There are over a 1100 of you and unfortunately only 120 lockers. 🙁
Step 2 – Payment
Whether you are able to get to this step is conditional, based upon locker availability. You can track your status at app.ubcecess.com/student/rentalocker.
The cost for a one-term locker rental is $11, if you pay with PayPal. If you pay with cash, there is a cash discount; the price is $10 with cash. So just in case it isn’t clear:
- PayPal: $11
- Cash: $10
If you selected Cash as your payment method on the form, you will need to visit the office in MCLD 434 and pay there. Please bring exact change if possible. You will receive a receipt as proof of payment.
If we do not receive your payment within three business days, your locker will be given away to the next person in line.
If you selected PayPal, you will receive an invoice at the email address you provided when you filled out the contact form (and not at your Google_Email). When you have received your invoice, please pay it within three days (i.e., within three days, after you have received it). If not, your locker will be given away to the next person in line.
Step 3 – Locker Assignment
Once you have paid, you will be given a locker number. If the Desired_Locker_Number you picked is available, you will be assigned that locker. If it is taken, you will be assigned the closest next free locker.
Once the locker has been assigned, you can start using it! 😀
Who is eligible for locker rental?
- Undergraduate ECE students are given priority. Students from other Engineering departments may rent lockers depending on availability, but it is unlikely that there will be any left over as lockers are in high demand.
Can I rent for both terms at once?
- In the interest of fairness, we are limiting rentals to one term at a time. If you would like a locker next term, you can request one again in January, and you will be able to renew your existing locker provided they do not sell out.
When can I start using my locker?
- You can start using your locker as soon as you are assigned one (i.e., at Step 3 above). If you find that your locker still has a lock on it, or is not empty, please let us know at email@example.com so that we can resolve the issue. You can check the status of your request by visiting app.ubcecess.com/student/rentalocker after you have filled out the request form.
When must I vacate my locker by?
- Lockers must be vacated before Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015. This does not mean just removing your locker. The locker should be empty and clean as well as a courtesy to the incoming tenant.
If I want to continue using my locker from 2015S, can I renew it?
- If you are able to secure a spot, we will make our best effort to give you the same locker as you had in 2015S. Please make sure to check Renewal when filling out the form.
Can I also renew the same locker through Term 2 2015W?
- To ensure fair opportunity for all students, there will be no guaranteed renewals. However, you are welcome to request the same locker number during locker registration next term, which is practically the same as a renewal. You are not, however, guaranteed to receive this locker (or a locker at all), depending on how late you sign up and on how high the demand for lockers is.