- Be of third-year or higher academic standing during their term.
- Presides over ECESS and ensures that all members of the Executive are performing their duties, as well as over the Elected Student Representatives and other voted-in Representatives. He/She also represents ECESS to the EUS and the department.
- Responsible projects 2014/2015: Chairing weekly meeting, Summer strategic meeting 1 & 2, getting department funding, constitution/policy manual changes, Chairing, Annual General Meeting,
- Attend ECE Weekly Meeting, EUS meeting, ECE Department meetings, SAC meeting, Grand Council meeting
- VP Finance
- Must reach the age of majority prior to the term they are serving.
- Oversees the financial operations of the ECESS — including budget allocation and manages the lounge, vending and merchandise.
- Responsible projects 2014/2015: Locker sales, reimbursements, lounge maintenance, vending machine,
- VP Administration
- Oversees the administrative operations of the Society and assumes the administrative duties of the President in the President’s absence.
- Responsible projects 2014/2015: New executive transition, handling ECESS accounts (Google Drive, Email, Contacts, Calendar, etc), internal newsletter, managing projects, improving process, council hoodies, ECESS info session, elections, ex-officio hiring, lounge access, new member on-boarding, imagine day,
- VP External
- Oversees the external affairs of the ECESS — like connecting students with industry/work opportunities!
- Responsible projects 2014/2015: Seattle Trip, Silicon Valley trip, sponsorship, Grand Event sponsorship, merchandise, PAF
- VP Student Life
- Oversees the events coordinated by ECESS — for example, Ohmcoming, Games Nights, etc…
- Responsible projects 2014/2015: welcome back BBQ, Games Night, Ohmcoming, REC team, charity events, E-week,
- VP Academic
- Oversees the academic services offered by ECESS and is responsible for the proper representation of students at functions relevant to the engineering academic experience and curriculum.
- Responsible projects 2014/2015: Grand Council meeting, meeting with Sathish, hiring tutors, Beef and Pizza, curriculum meeting.
- VP Communication
- Oversees the communications operations of ECESS to students and professionals through our website, social media, photography, and newsletter. He/she also assumes the public speaking duties of the President in the President’s absence.
- Responsible projects 2014/2015: Handling Facebook, Website, Twitter, Instagram, Newsletter. Slipstick.
Elected Student Representatives
- 3rd Year Rep
- Classroom annoucements, Grand council, review packages/review sessions,
- 4th/Grad Year Rep
- Grad composites, Iron Ring, Alumni Event, review packages/review sessions,
All students wishing to run in the election must read and abide by the following rules:
- Must be a UBC ECE undergraduate student currently and during the term he/she wishes to serve
- Can only run for one position
- Should find a co-runner for terms he/she will be unavailable due to co-op, exchange, etc.
- Nominations must be from:
- A UBC ECE undergraduate student that is not currently on the UBCECESS executive team
- Information Session:
- Is on Wednesday March 25 at 6pm in Macleod 434
- Is mandatory for all candidates
- Nominations are due:
- Wednesday March 25 @ 6pm in Macleod 434